First Coil (work in progress) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 14:52:15 -0600
From: Michael Robinson <muze801@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: First Coil (work in progress)

Hi All,

I've been lurking on the list for a few months now while slowly
working on a small coil and thought I would let everyone know where
I'm at.

This coil began on a very tight budget but as I get money I'm
Improving it one piece at a time.

The secondary is 3.5 inch outer diameter pvc coated with polyurethane
and has about 850 turns of 26 AWG magnet wire.

The original transformer was a broken 12/30 NST (only used one side)
that i got from Jack King. I just upgraded this to a 9/60 that i found
locally through eBay.

My capacitor bank right now is a crude salt water cap, but i will make
an MMC very soon, once i find some caps.

My primary coil is 1/4 in. copper tubing hand bent and duct taped
together taped at about 8.5 turns.

The spark gap is my very next thing to improve,  it is simply 6
various sockets in series.

My toploads are a 1.5x6 in. toroid and a 3x13 in. toroid.

With all of these shortcuts I've made i still manage to pull 18-21
inch streamers to air.
I will try to post some pictures soon.
If anyone has some simple improvements i can  make please tell me.

Sincerely
Michael