Re: Piffard Hyperstatic Transformer - Static Electric powered Tesla Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:23:22 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Piffard Hyperstatic Transformer - Static Electric powered Tesla
    Coil (fwd)

Luckily there has been a recent trend in the last few years to get the
devices and procedures FDA approved, and those doing the procedures require
licenses and training, etc...  These modern units, while simple in
construction, sell for upward of $5000.  Several of the courses required for
licenses to operate these machines run into the $8000 - $10,000 range or
more."

     When I was in high school ]ca 1940] I used to visit the shop of a guy who made "Chiropractic Machines".  These were cabinets with lots of switches and lights and a few meters (much more expensive) and either batteries or a bell transformer to operate same.  Usually had several binding posts to which something (electrodes?) not supplied were attached.  He charged by the switch and light and meter and had enough business to make a living.  His prices weren't so ambitious - maybe a hundred bucks for the most expensive one - but he managed to get by.  This was in a small town in Missouri and apparently his customers were obtained by word of mouth.

"For the last century, the few real benefits of Tesla Coils in medicine has
been obscured by fraud and greed of those selling the devices.  We can all
hope that through education this will change."

    Curtis' "High Frequency Apparatus" has a section devoted to "theraputic" use of TC's.  Not in front of me as I write but one of the uses was "[something?] condensation".  Any idea what that was supposed to be.

Ed