Re: Piffard Hyperstatic Transformer - Static Electric powered Tesla Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 02:47:59 EDT
From: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Piffard Hyperstatic Transformer - Static Electric powered Tesla
    Coil (fwd)

In a message dated 8/7/07 6:39:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

For the  last century, the few real benefits of Tesla Coils in medicine has
been  obscured by fraud and greed of those selling the devices.  We can all
hope that through education this will change.

Regardless of the  medical use of the machines, the construction and
operation of them is  neat.
So to keep this post on topic, has anyone else ever seen plans or  mention of
another Tesla Coil operated from a static or influence machine  in particular
(as opposed to an induction coil or transformer, etc).   Its not exactly the
first experiment that comes to mind if you own one,  but I guess if you have
a large Wimshurst Machine it would be a neat  addition to go with your
Franklin Bells and Ion Motor...

Jeff  Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy  Museum

Hi Jeff,

If, over the last decade, education has not been able to purge the  quacks
from our list, I don't hold out much hope for the general public.

For modern day TC-based total quackery, see eBay item   330151463592.

Matt D.