RE: Jacobs ladder in parallel with Tesla Coil output (fwd)??? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:37:02 +0000
From: Jeff Behary <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Jacobs ladder in parallel with Tesla Coil output (fwd)??? (fwd)

Not sure about combining them, but I once rescued a high power Tesla X-Ray
Coil that was being used mistakenly as a Jacob's ladder.  (The insulation
would have self-destructed if this was stunt was continued)

If the output of the coil is hot enough, you can get it to act the same way
as a hot low frequency arc.  The one thing lacking is nice humming/buzzing
sound -  Jacob's ladders are a lot easier on the ears that a Tesla Coil
powerful enough to do the same effect.  Maybe I can make a quick movie of
one as an example...its something great to see and horrible to hear.

Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com

Messenger Café — open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily.
Visit now. http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_AugHMtagline