Re: Tesla Coil Firehazards (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:15:58 -0700
From: Nathan Stokely <50kva.54uf.750a@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla Coil Firehazards (fwd)

Paper and wood are the least of your worries. Any flammable/explosive
vapours such as petrol or methane can ignite very easily from the streamers.
Also, strikes to aerosol containers (such as bug spray, spray paint, or
anything else you have where you operate your coil) can cause the
hydrocarbon fuel in the aerosol to rapidly expand bursting the can and
causing a flash fire. I have encountered this with spray paint the most
often. The can will explode and then the paint (which burns hot) flies
everywhere and can catch your garage on fire. Always stay away from aerosols
and fuels while operating a coil.