coil spark size??? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:50:25 +0000
From: jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: coil spark size???

hey guys i am just wondering if the spark size that i am getting is about
right these specs

spark lenght max 12in but at the same time there is about 7-8 smaller
sparkes ( i am wondering if that is because of my toroid size)

specs about 600khz coil height is about 20in primary is an invers cone
tapped at about 5 turns primary cap is .01uf home made using polyethylene
and tin foil. you know the stuff I can afford in high school

transformers are 2 23 millamp 10,000v OBIT transformers wired in parallel
soon to be 4 of the same in parallel

spark gap is 2 bolts seperated by under a 1/2 inch on the blowing end of
my dads shopvac i am on vacation so i probably will repost this with more
accurate specs once i get home