Re: Why am I getting small sparks? Am I underpowered? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:13:56 -0500
From: Drake Schutt <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Why am I getting small sparks? Am I underpowered? (fwd)

Don't set your spark gap too wide or you can kill (over volt) your
transformer.  The sound from your caps is them telling you that you're
stressing them.  I went down to my local junk store and bought a 20A vacuum
cleaner for $20 and used the motor from that.  You can improvise some sort
of plastic hose to fit in the motor's intake and put the end of it right on
your spark gap.  You'll certainly never over heat your spark gap!

good luck
drake