Re: sparkless rotary spark gap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:22:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sparkless rotary spark gap (fwd)

 I suggested the use of an insulator (like really good
 oil)
under which the disk could be submerged, this will allow the electrodes
get much closer (until the oil gets spoiled, so one will have to filter
 it
constantly), but they will still arc to an extant.

  <snip>

  If  a person had several disks made from boron nitride (cubic form),  this might be possible, but it would be difficult to imbed the contacts. and keep them in place...my guess.
  Mike