Re: Laser and tesla coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 22:37:08 -0600
From: Gerry  Reynolds <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Laser and tesla coil (fwd)

Hi Matt and Tomas,

I just want to add that if Tomas tries the experiment, he might want to
shoot the laser thru a small hole in a grounded metal plate just in case the
arc does follow the beam.  The plate will shunt the arc to ground and
hopefully protect the industrial laser (presumed to be expensive).  Also, a
UV laser may ionize air more efficiently.

Gerry R.