Re: Ballast for pole pig. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:25:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tyler Pauly <rpggod714@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ballast for pole pig.

Well, it sounds like an inductive ballast is the way
to go.  I will check on available arc welders in my
area.  Is there a formula for one of the wire coil
ballasts people are mentioning?  A formula to
calculate amps through, how many windings to use, what
purchase a 0-240/280VAC variac that can take 30-40
amps?  I have a standard one I use for NST's, but it's
just a 0-130 (I believe).  Finally, where is Teslafest
'07? Something like that would definitely help,
because I'm certainly no expert. Thanks again!

Tyler

http://farechase.yahoo.com/