RE: first post (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:22:15 -0400
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: first post (fwd)

I don't doubt that those Maxwell's worked successfully in your friend's
coil, but find it hard to believe that the external case temperature
could reach anything close to 120C and continue to work.  Usually if a
cap gets more than "detectably warm" by touch, it is considered too warm
and lossy, as the interior would be much warmer.  How was that
measurement made?

Gary Lau
MA, USA