Re: Vacuum jar rotary spark gap / thyratron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:07:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Timka <tomasdoc2002@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vacuum jar rotary spark gap / thyratron (fwd)

Good idea, unfortunately it's the neighbors that complain since I tend to
experiment after work around 11pm.

Another option is to buy cheap spark gaps enclosed in a glass tube, but
they are not variable and therefore it is impossible to adjust them unless
using a very strong ionization source shining between gap.. hmmm

Here is an idea.. how about using a fixed enclosed glass spark gap with
external x-ray lamp shining on the spark gap electrodes as ionization
source? Of course it would be bulky but.... should be silent. Is it
possible to adjust output of X-ray tubes? Obvious the amount of ionization
can roughly adjust the rate of "breaks".