RE: Aluminum bar as stationary electrode holder? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:28:43 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Aluminum bar as stationary electrode holder? (fwd)

Jon,
     Aluminum should be fine, as long as it is thick enough to not overheat
and melt.  It is a better conductor than brass but I believe this may not be
true at radio frequencies.  Anyway, there is no way a thin aluminum oxide
layer will insulate against TC voltages, I use it for some of my connectors,
as it is cheap and easy to machine.  Best of luck.
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Aluminum bar as stationary electrode holder? (fwd)
>Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:43:06 -0600 (MDT)

Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!