Re: Aluminum bar as stationary electrode holder? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:15:38 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Aluminum bar as stationary electrode holder? (fwd)

Avoid aluminum --- it's conductance is too low at RF frequencies.  It works
fine at 60 Hz but not HF. It will work but really limits your peak primary
current.

Since potential across an inductor depends on peak current, you want it as
high as possible.  Keep inductance as high as possible also by using a large
dia. sec coilform.

Vsec = -L x dI/dt

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corp.