Re: Cheap Portable Oscope (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:17:25 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Cheap Portable Oscope (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:26:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: C. Sibley <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Cheap Portable Oscope

Does anyone on the list have any experience one of these scopes?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280139407611

Looks nice for the money, unless it don't work  :-)

I'm trying to decide if I would perfer to buy new of find an old HP to Techtronix.

Sorry for the slightly off topic post...

Curto."

	Looks mighty expensive to me and solid state at that and I'd always be worried about damage.  I'd go for a much older "tube scope" for less than a hundred bucks including shipping.  I have a Vellman HPS-10 which was recommended by Terry and it is quite useful where real portability is needed but I still prefer to use a 5" scope for regular work.

Ed