Re: water pipe RF ground. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:49:56 -0400
From: Dave Pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: water pipe RF ground. (fwd)

>     Just one quick question, would it be a bad idea to use the cold water
>pipe (feeding into the hot water heater) as an RF ground for TC stuff in my
>apartment?
    _apartment_ is iffy for any power levels.

> As far as I know
    8)>>

> it is copper all the way to the source, but I am not entirely sure.
    If its not, things could get real unpleasant, real fast.
    What IS the source?
    (Ferinstance: my town 'recently' installed Remote Radio Readable
     water meters.  I have my doubts about using the water pipe as
     RF ground....)

    Waterpipes are classically semi good grounds.  Iffy, here, I'd think.

    best
     dwp