Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla inspired Christmas tree

I have completed my 15 foot Tesla inspired Christmas tree.

Random, nonserious thought.  Inspired by a different holiday.
And, was there a humour piece about this?

We have heard of singing Tesla coils, chemical doping for
colouring the arcs/sparks.  Has anyone tried 'forming' the
top electrode for 'graphic effect'?  My original though was a
halloween theme (did i lift this from the humour piece?), with
a more or less spherical top load, with face cut in to promote
spark/corona at the edges?

Nonconductive (plastic?) Punkin shape, with top terminal
discharging 'inside'?

For Christmas:
  Aluminum tree, sized to be self corona illuminating?

Small coils using Chirstmas Balls as top terminals?

Or am I being too silly?

best
 dwp