[TCML] kVA Effects Update 2007

Signal Hill Office
We are almost finished moving in to our new office and warehouse space at Signal Hill California. Our office literally sits on top of a working oil field as evidenced by the three “grasshopper” pumps dotting our parking lot. There are three upstairs offices, a reception area, kitchen and more than 3000 square feet of shop to give us the room to grow as planned. We are located north of Long Beach at 2859 Gundry Avenue, Signal Hill CA 90755.

Biggest in the World
I almost get tired of saying that but there is no other way to describe one of our current projects. We are building TWO 13M Tesla Magnifiers for an outdoor display in China. Each machine will be rated at 150kVA and pump out 60’ arcs. They will operate independently but will be collocated over a lake (yes…water) for maximum artistic impact. We are working on it now and hope to install in March of ’08.

Sam Barros
Sam Barros, formerly of PowerLabs is now a fulltime engineer at kVA Effects. Sam has worked with us on many “away” jobs and we are lucky to have him on staff. A recent graduate of Michigan Technological University, Sam now resides in Torrance California.

SparkDodger™
We unveiled our SparkDodger™ brand of solid state Tesla coil at the 2007 IAAPA trade show. SparkDodger™ can now be seen on Broadway in the hit musical comedy Mel Brooks’ Young Frankenstein where three solid state coils dress the laboratory sets. A kVA Effects SG10-TC spark gap Tesla coil pumps out ten footers and is the main feature of the creature creation scene.

YouTube™ Channel
All the stuff you missed from our “old” website will be available on our new YouTube™ channel. We have over ten years of video and photographs that will eventually go online and we will chronicle our 13M project and create new content constantly. Search “kVA Effects”, you’ll find it… ;-)

That’s all for now but we have another list coming soon including the identity of the SparkDodger™ development team…  J

 Jeff W. Parisse