Re: [TCML] Arc Temperature

Free air burning arcs run about 7000K...

As the current increases, the diameter of the arc channel increases to reduce the resistance, but the temperature remains about the same.

A 30mA spark is still 7000K, but not very big in diameter (fraction of a mm, I'd guess)

A lightning stroke at 20kA might be 1 cm in diameter, but is also at 7000K.