From: "Chris Swinson" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You may realize some gain with the larger surface area, but I would expect
losses to increase even more because of eddy current losses.  You would also
increase losses due to corona off of the sharper edges.

And more significantly, how on earth would you do that, and not have it look
like a mess?  You can find copper ribbon on eBay, but even so, I would choose
tubing over ribbon.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA