Re: [TCML] stupid!!!!

>I  found this site on the net today whilst looking up Tesla.
>I don't  understand how people can say Tesla coils can cure your ills.
>
>I am suffering from an incurable disease and wish my Tesla  coils could cure
 me.

>http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.myholistichealthshop.com/
files/TESLA_COIL_w_LAMPS_7010301.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.myholistichealthshop
.com/&h=1101&w=497&sz=81&hl=en&start=201&tbnid=nLPhDeGbjT4QGM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=6
8&prev=

>Duncan

Hi Duncan,

    This is the Internet age. Any damn fool can make  any claim they want and
broadcast it worldwide. In the "good old days" such  claims were confined to
the back pages of "how-to" magazines and comic books.  There is effectively no
international protection against this sort of quackery,  and the few nations
that have laws against false medical claims cannot or will  not stand up to
the tidal wave of falsehood to which the Internet provides  full and open
access. Notice the legal double-talk: it is sold as a "healing  machine", then the
disclaimer that it is "not for healing or treating any  disease".

    Even on this list of ~200 seemingly rational  people, where there is
continual vigilance to keep Tesla-based quackery and  superstition at bay, there
are a few who would do otherwise. I guess that as  long as there are desperate,
suffering people, there will always be some,  whether in lab coats or in
collars willing to prey upon them, and separate  them from their money.

Good Luck,

Matt D.