Re: [TCML] Information Unlimited

On Dec 5, 2007, at 7:07 PM, resonance wrote:

Bob Ianinni, owner of Info Unltd, will not be back on the list for some time. He was involved in a very severe auto accident a few months ago that left him paralyzed from the waist down. He is in a wheel chair, and recently had a heart attack and stroke. He is not in good shape and may not survive.

I also recently spoke with him regarding the past quality of some of his kits. He said he is aware of those problems and has now corrected them all. He said every kit they offer has now been built and tested in his lab. He offers no kits that do not work properly.

Bob also said in many cases people would substitute different parts for the recommended parts in his parts list, and then complain because something didn't work.

I'm not defending any prior non working kits, just bringing everyone on this list up to date on his problems and his attempts to rectify poor past performance of his companies kits.

Setting aside the occasional past controversy surrounding Information Unlimited and their designs, this is sad news indeed.

Robert Ianinni was responsible for setting a great many of us down the path of working on fun high voltage / high powered electronic projects when we were younger.

No one should have to go out like that. I can relate, as my own mother just suffered a car accident and massive stroke. It's a horrible way to go (slowly). My heart goes out to Mr. Ianinni and his family.

- Bill "Gomez" Lemieux