Re: [TCML] De-potting NSTs? ? ?

It'll vibrate itself into oblivion, and/or short itself out. Knock some shunts out (if you want to bump up the current) and pour in melted wax. Punch some holes in the wax when the top hardens, which will allow the wax to contract as it cools without seperating from the tranny. You will want to add two additional pours as it stiffens up.

Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: <neal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 10:02 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] De-potting NSTs? ? ?

Since the topic of de-potting has come up, I have a related question. I bought an un-potted 12kv/60ma nst, and I've been using it unpotted with no problem.
Granted, it's very short runs, and I seldom if ever push it all the way to
100%. I mounted it inside a small wooden box just for convenience sake, but what kind of risks could I have if I did have it on for long(er) runs? Thanks
all,

Neal.