Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:45 PM
Subject: [TCML] nnanred1's coupling values

Hello no-name,

May I assume that a "Tesla transformer accelerator" is the same thing as a Tesla coil? I've not encountered that term in the many years that I've studied Tesla coils.

It's interesting that of all the folks on this List who have spent years researching, building, analyzing, tuning, and tweaking Tesla coils, that we have all fallen into the rut of using inefficient coupling values, typically below 0.18. Please share with us what levels of performance you see from your coil that uses the more efficient high value (k= 0.6, 0.54, 0.385) coupling. Better still would be documentation of such a coil on a web site. You have actually built such a coil, right? Otherwise such a theory isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Personally, I don't "by" it.

BTW, since you're not replying to an existing thread, it would be helpful if you could change the subject line to reflect the actual subject.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA