[TCML] High voltage input snap when adjusting unloaded Terry saftey

Hello,

I was adjusting safety gap for my used Terry filter. This will be for 4"
demo coil which has a block diagram what stuff is and the wire path.
Independent of that, I was setting my safety gaps to fire at 140v (measured)
in, on the bench. Wow, just before the safeties fire, I get a 2" hot snap
accross the filter input. It is a very dry out and that stress has to be
seen across the outputs of my 12KV, 30+ma repotted neon. They safties start
firing immediately afterwards. I closed them a bit, about right, and it
still happens unless I ramp the voltage up very slowly. Is this a reverse
resonance rise and a discharge of the filter caps? I should mention that I
need to shunt some transorbs as they are set up for a 15KV PSU. I'm Glad the
tranny is still working!

Has anyone else ever seen this happen with the classic filter?

Thanks,

Jim Mora