Re: [TCML] High voltage input snap when adjusting unloaded Terry saftey

Seems like you should be getting more out of a 12/60.? I've gotten?close to that (18-20")?with?a 9/30 NST coil.?? Dennis Hopkinton MA

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr.Hankenstein <dr.hankenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:53 pm
Subject: RE: [TCML] High voltage input snap when adjusting unloaded Terry saftey

I use two concentric rings across my capacitor on my Table Top Tesla Coil. They
are adjusted to approx. 1/4". It produces 18~22 inch sparks at 7 amps. This
seems to protect the oil filled cap and the NST (12kV 60mA) quit well as there
are over 700 hours of operation on the coil with no malfunction since 1994. The
gap has on odd occasions fired for "no apparent reason". I think all these
filters are a waste of time and money and produce other unwanted side effects as
well. Check out the link: (The cap is the big white cylinder)

http://www.drspark.org/images/wwt44.jpg

Regards,
Woo

dr.hankenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx