[TCML] free parts for coilers in Colorado

I have two large secondaries available for free.

The forms are 12" x 48" thin-walled foam-core (DWV duty, NOT sch.40) PVC pipe.

They are wound with 16 gauge triple-build Polythermaleze-type transformer wire for 46" (1-inch gap at each end).

They are over-coated with five coats of Varathane. One form had the 1" strip of white PVC at each end covered by black corona dope at each end before over-coating, and one did not. Therefore one form looks white at each end, and one does not.

They have been measured to resonate at 123.6 KHz and 122.4 KHz respectively (each by itself) and are labeled. Could probably be tweaked to run at the same frequency (by toroid selection and height adjustment if nothing else) if someone wanted to build a large double system. Otherwise, either one is suitable for power levels of at least 24 KW and possibly more.

I no longer have the measured inductance or number of turns, but you can determine a close estimate from the above data.

I will give these for free to whoever comes and picks them up from my house in Denver, near 38th & Federal.

Due to personal circumstances, I cannot and will not ship them, so please don't ask.

These will be going in a dumpster within ten days to two weeks if they are not picked up, but I hate to see them go to waste.

due to cc's and bcc's, please reply off-list, but only if you are interested!

Please tell anyone you know who might be interested.

sincerely,
 - Bill "Gomez" Lemieux