Re: [TCML] MMC Caps

In a message dated 12/12/07 10:40:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mark_w_stolz@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We used  a .130 uF MMC on a 10kVA pole pig system built for a client, and he
has been  running it for a couple years now without problem.  13 strings total
 strings, with 15 of the CDE .15 @ 2kVDC caps per string.

Mark  Stolz

Hi Mark, All,

    I think this is exactly the point Dr. R was trying  to make: When you
need $600+ worth MMC of caps plus the time and labor to  assemble them into an
array, it starts to become more time, size, weight, and  cost effective to
consider Maxwell-type caps. Replacing a cap or two in your own  system is an
inexpensive repair, but if it involves making service  calls to another location,
the cost advantage may quickly disappear.

Matt D.