Re: [TCML] removing transformer windings

I hacksawed the windings off a 15kVA pole pig a couple
of years ago.  It took me about three hours.  I just
put on some nice music in the shop ;-)  The next day,
my arm felt pretty lousy!  A big band saw might make
things go a little faster.

On the core:  Are you sure the "E" and "I" laminations
aren't just alternated?  I think that's pretty
typical, but I haven't actually extricated a core of
that variety before.  The pig's core was two big "C"
cores fixed side-by-side with steel belts.

Cheers,
Aaron, N7OE