[TCML] Induction generator

Hi all,

   I would like to ask if anyone here has built a capacitor excited induction generator. I know this is off topic except my reason to build one is to run a medium sized Tesla coil. I have read some of the posts in the archives but I have not found anything about one actually in use.

   I know it would be easier to buy one or have a larger power connection installed in my garage but I have several 30 - 50 hp 3 phase motors and engines to turn them. I have read a few articles that detail poor voltage regulation and several solutions but this may not be such a problem when running the coil with a variac. I also like the idea of no RFI on the mains.

   Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks in advance for any advice.

  Scott