Re: [TCML] Form materials, losses, carbon tracking, sealing

Tim,

I don't check my email very often, but to answer you question about the toroids, we keep our eyes open for HV gear being scrapped and bargain with the scrap guy and then we build a Tesla Coil around our parts selection. Sometimes it takes years to get just the right combination to make something worthy of construction. For example, I don't particularly care for the appearance of chicken wire although many a good performer has been built with this concept. My coils, as well as Dr. Sparks coils are built to be beautiful and hopefully last a life time. In my opinion, it is worth the extra effort to do the very best work you can and give it your best shot. Sometimes the results are not as gratifying as expected, but then I've never seen a good coil built from an armchair.

John Freau occasionally spins some very nice small corona rings. I have one on my prototype VTTC. Really adds a nice touch. Once in a while I've heard mention of a "bulk buy" on the larger ones....just be prepared to spend alot more money! Seems as the size goes up, the price does exponentially....such as:  http://www.drspark.org/images/wwt6.jpg

Spark on!
Woo
dr.hankenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"We put the fire in the wire."