[TCML] Looking for journal paper describing Tesla Coils

I'm looking for a paper, published in a peer-reviewed journal, that describes spark gap type tesla coils.  It's to be used as a reference in another paper I'm writing, and I'd like to do something like:

The Tesla Coil can be represented as two coupled LC resonant circuits, as described by author[ref 1].

where [ref 1] is what I'm looking for.

I've got Marco Denicolai's paper from Rev Sci Inst (Sep 2002, v73,n9), but it's a bit further along in the theory.. I'm looking for something a bit more basic. Marco cited Drude's paper (which I'll see if I can get a copy of), as well as ones by Reed, by Phung, et al., by Finkelstein, etc., but they all focus on optimum tuning, as opposed to theory of operation and basic description.

Jim