RE: [TCML] Pictures of my Tesla Coil

Hi Dirk:

Regarding the toroid size - it looks quite appropriate in size to me, relative to the secondary.  Is it unable to break out?  It may just (ha!) be a matter of tweaking other things - coupling, gap width (be careful!), and primary tap.

Are the primary support bits made from the cutting board a solid block, with the tubing passing through a series of holes?  While that works as well as mine, you might consider a much easier technique of cutting notches along the edge of the blocks, and just dropping the tubing in.  See http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/primary.htm - it'll save you a lot of frustration and cussing, threading the entire length through every hole.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA