From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Barton B. Anderson
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 4:43 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Pictures of my Tesla Coil

Hi Dirk,

Congrats on a nice first coil.
My first coil was ridiculous! We really should have some place to show
our first coils. That would be a cool thing to see and have fun with!

Here's me on my 1st coil (what a nerd). There's so many things wrong
with this!
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/bartorig.jpg

Here's my first sparks on this coil.
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/1stSpark.jpg

Here's the same coil later on.
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/bw14.jpg

Your toroid is fine. It looked like about a 4" secondary and maybe 3"
toroid diameter? Usually, power is the key. Or better put, getting power

to the toroid. My first thought is the transformer power and then cap
size. I didn't see any specs on the coil and they certainly help us help

you. Following transformer and cap power, the spark gap and other losses

are usually considered. Your gap looks good, but I'm not sure of the
fans capabilities. I've never had much luck with muffin fans and
eventually went to a high cfm squirrel cage fan (lots of air) for your
size coil.

Maybe share some specs on those items or even the whole coil and plenty
of recommendations will follow.

Take care,
Bart