RE: [TCML] Terry filters

I'm sorry Dr, but anecdotal evidence like this is going to set us back to using leeches and bloodletting.

No one has ever performed a study on failure rates, ON EQUIVALENT HARDWARE, comparing R-C filters and L or L-R filter networks.  But there is overwhelming theoretical and simulation-based evidence that show that R-C filters are the superior topology.

Adding just a series inductor with or without a series resistor does nothing to form a low pass filter.  You need a capacitor; this is elementary circuit analysis.  On what basis do you conclude that this would "catch especially the very nasty high freq transients "?

I maintain that the use of chokes in NST/PT/pig protection networks should be abandoned.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA