Re: Terry filter

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

I would set them such that at full variac voltage in, with nothing else connected just wide enough that they do not spark. Being your 'working' gap will be set somewhere near .25 inches or less, they will fire and your safety gaps won't. If the safety gaps do fire often, look into your tuning and/or coupling before widening them any.
Mike

I am going to add a Terry Filter to my coil and I was wondering if
someone could give me a ballpark width for the 2 safety gaps.  I am
running a 15kV 60 mA NST.

Thanks.

Don't get soaked. Take a<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail> quick peak at the forecast with the<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail>Yahoo! Search weather shortcut.