Re: VTTC from Eimac 8755 on eBay

Greetings Steve
We have an old AM radio tech on campus that ran racks of 833A tubes.
I asked about that glass extension.
He indicated that he had "heard" they were used in an out gassing
operation then sealed at the tube  and put in service although he
hadn't seen any.
Hearsay is hearsay, but I don't believe those tubes are intended to
stay there during service. I couldn't find anything in Tube Lore or
my RCA manual."

Obviously the sealoff tube and never intended to be that long. I haven't looked it up in the manual but I would suspect a quarter inch would be more reasonable. Something funny about that lot (stolen from factory before final "assembly and packaging'?) and to be avoided even if the price was right.

Ed