RE: synchronous motor

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Hi Tony:

My SRSG also uses a synchronous 3600RPM motor from an Teletype ASR33 TTY
machine, but the wire colors and connectivity are different than yours,
as mine share a common terminal between the start & run windings.  It
uses an 88-108 (!) uF start cap, and a special starting relay to
energize the start winding/cap as the motor accelerates and draws more
current.  Photos, notes, and schematics are at
http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/sync_gap.htm.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

> Original poster: "Anthony R. Mollner" <penny831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Dear Ed and the group, any help on wiring this motor would help
> tremendously. I have checked out the resistance on the windings and
examined
> it in more detail. It has two pairs or wires. One pair of Dark Red and
Black
> and the other pair of normal red and black. When I did a resistance
check, I
> found that they are separate from each other. The starter capacitor
lead are
> connected across both coil windings although I do not have a capacitor
at
> this time to add to it. Can anyone tell me how these are to be wired?
Thanks