18" sparks at 2KVA

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

Tube Coilers...

As of today (February 8, 07) I am getting consistant
18" sparks (a little longer to a grounded target) with
2kva input to the plate transformer.

Specs are the same, but I have moved the feedback coil
back up to the top of the former (a la Cameron
Prince's vttc).  This has seemed to result in a
decrease in wallplug input on two seperate occations.
The plate is still running a medium orange, which
turns to bright orange as the voltage approaches 140
on the variac.

My latest run (a couple minutes ago) resulted in 18"
sparks with 16a 130v input for 2080va fluctuating at
times to 17A -- 2210va.

---

I was wanting to hold out on running the coil until I
got the staccato board together, but I can't do it.  I
love the look and sound of the 60hz doubler operation.
 For anyone in doubt, building a vttc is definately
worth it, aesthetically it is a completely different
animal than a disruptive coil.  And if you are a
self-taught amateur like myself, you will learn quite
a bit in the endeavor.

-Brett

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front