Re: Primary coil

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/9/07 3:10:03 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

The spacing is fine, but the coil is uneven at parts.

The 10 ga. wire was not the easiest to shape right.

I was wondering if this is going to affect the coil

performance a lot, or if my primary should be fine?

Matt,

None of that matters.  It will work fine.

Is the perfect, circular, shaping of most well built

primary coils for performance reasons, or is it

just nice to look at?

Just nice to look at.

By the way, what should I do to hold the wire in place?

well you could drill holes in the wood near the wire, and put
a plastic tie-wrap at each spot where the wire crosses the wood.
Or (i think i saw notches in the wood?), you could put a long
piece of plastic over the wires along the wood to hold the wires
in the slots.  Hold the plastic to the wood with some plastic
screws.  The wood is flammable too.  The supports look like wood to me
maybe it's not?

John

Right now its just pressed agianst the wood inside the

slots. If it were to fall the coil would be ruined. I could

use wood/metal epoxy but it is flammable. That is what

I used to attach the primary supports to the wood base.

Thanks,

Matt