From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 7:58 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: 18" sparks at 2KVA

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Brett,

Glad to hear about the success with your VTTC. The photos and video clips
are very impressive, especially for a first run.

If you like the non-staccato mode, I would recommend the 833C. It can
basically run non-staccato in a VTTC all day long and not even show a hint
of plate glow. I recently picked up one on eBay and began playing with it.
It's significantly more robust than the 833A.

I finally got my staccato board repaired earlier this week. That and the
replacement MOT's (one of mine was toasted due to primary shorting to
chassis) have my v8 coil back up and running. I hope to get everything tuned
back in and start seeing those 3' arcs again soon.

I also borrowed a 7,200V PT from David Rieben with plans to build another,
larger VTTC. I hope to try to compare a VTTC driven by a doubler with a
non-doubled supply. I also want to see what an 833A will really take
voltage-wise in a VTTC as I may try a doubler on the PT as well.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks,
Cameron