Re: 18" sparks at 2KVA

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

David,

Thank you for the shared enthusiasm for the success of
my 833A coil.  I was able to do it for less than 200
dollars worth of parts as well, which could have been
less, if I would have been patient enough to wait for
the hamfests I'm planning on attending.  I'm good at
scrounging for parts and trading, but when I get
excited about a project, I can't help but start
spending sometimes.  It helped that Shad Henderson
gave me my two used 833A's...Shad, if you are around,
let me know.

Anyway, David, I look forward to seeing the pictures
of your vttc project.  Thanks!

-Brett

> Original poster: "David Rieben"
> <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Brett,
>
> Congrats on the success of your VTTC ;^) Seeing
> Cameron Prince's
> VTTC and its AWESOME performance firsthand made me
> HAVE
> to build one myself. As a matter of fact, Cameron
> built my stacatto
> controller for me, as tiny circuitry is something
> that I don't do to well.
> I built everything else and based mine on Cameron's,
> which was ori-
> ginally based on Steve Ward's MOT powered 833A VTTC.
> I have
> not gotten around to posting pics of my VTTC to my
> Green Monster
> website yet and I need to get it on there, too.
>
> Once you go stacatto, you should be able to push
> >30" sparks and
> yet keep the grid of your tube dimmer than running
> in continuous mode.
>
> Nice work,
> David Rieben

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.