Re: Inverse Square 'law' Re: About wireless energy transfer

Hi dave,

I'll allow it for now. The best way to keep a thread going is to keep it on topic and sorta related to Tesla coils or Tesla's work.

Your friendly moderator

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

>...rectenna...
 I shorthanded, perhaps confusingly.
 As noted, the rectenna, itself is quite
 conventional.  I referred to the downlink source.

>inverse square for a 'well collimated' beam.
  Skipping for the moment the engineering detail of how to,
  I tend to wonder where the energy goes, in the _specific_
  hypotehtical, case.

  How does a well collimated beam differ, eg, from a
  waveguide guided beam?
   (skipping, for discussion purposes, absorption losses in
    waveguide case...)

  Or we may be getting too far OT?
  Feel free to drop.
   best