Re: vttc video....

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/11/07 1:04:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Brett,

I have built both Steve Ward's controller and Dan McCauley's... Dan's does
give a little more control and more effects, but I also like the simplicity
of Steve's. It seems easier to find the optimum pulse rate and peak the coil
out with Steve's board. It's also a little easier to build, especially if
you are bread boarding it.

Cameron

Cameron,

My original staccato controller used TTL IC's.  These became
subject to RF interference when the spark length went over 25"
or so.  Next Dave Sharpe designed but did not build a
556 Timer based staccato circuit based on my TTL design.
I modified Dave's design using (2) 555 timers, and got the
board working.  Later I modified this design by adding a
zero-crossing circuit based on some work that John Tebbs
did for a triggered sync gap circuit.  The staccato circuit shown
at Steve's website is this modified design in which I included
the zero-crossing circuit.  Steve offered to put the design at
his website since I was having trouble with my website at the
time.  Steve re-drew the circuit because I had sent him
a hand-drawn schematic.  Later there was a discussion on
the list about which features might be useful, and Dan
incorporated the extra pulse features into his staccato board
circuit.  That's the history of staccato board development.

John