Re: Dual MOT plans (was:Re: screw in tungsten-molydenum alloy electrodes for RSGs)

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, Terry Fritz pioneered this single MOT concept with the SISG board. He has it in the archives under Piarahana coil. Hope I spelled it right!!

Dr. Resonance

Original poster: "Daniel Kline" <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Dr. R.
I would like to request a set of the dual-MOT plans mentioned below.
Would it be possible to run on one MOT for lowered output?
Thanks,
Dan K.

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
The best route for an experimenter than can live with 7.5 to 8 ft long sparks is our dual MOT design. Matching dual MOTs can be obtained direct from AMPI.com for $100 each and the SISG boards are inexpensively available from Mark Dunn. I give away the dual MOT plans on off-list request. It's a great coil, highly portable, easy to set up, and most important --- I did the design so it would operate from two separate 120 VAC circuits, each circuit driving a single MOT at 16-18 Amps. 220 VAC not required for 7.5 to 8 ft long sparks.