813 vttc update...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

vttc fans,

It seems that I have gotten at least 20" of spark in
my 813 vttc with a few changes.  I am now running with
only 3K of grid leak resistance.  I also cleaned up
some of the stray inductance around the base wiring by
making a few connections shorter.

You can check out some pics of long sparks 19+ inches
on my website, as well as view the original video
(over 8 megs) those frames were grabbed from:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/brett/vttc/813

It seems like I may be still slightly out of tune,
since when I step in rather close to take the video,
the sparks tend to get longer and more ferocious.
Perhaps I should try a slightly larger topload.

Current draw on the video (and two pics in the dir)
was around 12A at full voltage (140v) on the variac.

-Brett