RE: gold secondary

Original poster: "alfred erpel" <alfred@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Earl,

        If you are looking for lowest electrical resistance, silver is the
best and way cheaper than gold. The best four (at room temperature)
electrical conductors from least resistance to highest are:

silver
copper
gold
aluminum

(I think the thermal conductance follows the same order)

        This chart shows a few more.  I am guessing that there are way
better charts than this on the internet; maybe someone else will post one.
http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/socratic/output/spec_r.pdf

        Regardless of this, optimizing all the factors of building a tesla
coil is going to have way more positive effect on the performance of a tesla
coil than the small reduction in resistance from using silver wire instead
of copper wire.

Regards,

Al Erpel

[some stuff snipped]