From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: February 18, 2007 9:19 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Three Phase Generation and transformer

Hello All,

I am nearing completion of my 3 phase 20KVA Diesel powered generator.
Yup, Portable power! The generator is currently wired 277/480V Wye. I
have a 480v delta to wye step down transformer which would then be
208/120 (with neutral). My HV supply wants to see 208v 3 phase and a
neutral which in turn supplies 28KVDC.

    * is it ok to connect the generator 480v wye (sans neutral) to
the Delta Primary of the step down transformer?
    * If so, how should the wye generator, delta-wye step down
transformer, and wye HV step up transformer be grounded?

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Jim Mora