Re: Marx Generators

Original poster: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Dave" <dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I believe that if the number of emails about Marx
> generators, Van
> DeGraffs, and other spark producers is few and
> occasional, such as
> someone wanting to get a starting point on
> construction or material
> selection guidance from the knowledge of this
> membership, or to
> direct anyone interested to some recent work
> accomplished, then those
> emails should be allowed in the Tesla list.
> Naturally, we don't want
> to see heated exchanges and nitpicking or extended
> threads on the matter.
> Some of the best wisdom I have seen on this list has
> been from those
> off topic subjects. :-)
> Dave Goodfellow

I'll second that.  I really appreciate a moderated
list.  Have you ever tried to participate in a thread
on ANY subject in an unmoderated usenet news group?
It is total chaos!  The SPAM, OT posts, cross-posting,
flames, and profanity are just exasperating!  So hats
off to our overworked & under-appreciated moderators
for making this list an enjoyable place to visit.
Thanks guys.

On the other hand, list members offer such a wealth of
knowledge and experience, it would be a shame to choke
off minor deviations from the main topic. This list
has taught me about such OT subjects as
electrostatics, computer science, lasers & optics,
metallurgy, chemistry, physics, photography,
industrial safety & hazmat, welding, machine work &
metal craft, woodworking & general shop craft,
liability & law, FCC rules, etc., etc.--all for free.
No consulting fees!  What a deal.

I think the list formula is just right the way it is.

My $0.02 worth,

Greg

Get your own web address.