RE: 813 vttc update...

Original poster: Ronald Fleshman <ronfleshman@xxxxxxxxx>

Bleeder resistors have another purpose, they equalize the voltage drop accrost units in series. They can be found not only in strings of capacitors but strings of diodes, regulators and other objects connected in series. They are also called equalizing resistors.
Ron Fleshman

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Brett Miller

Cameron, Dr. Resonance,

Ok, I should have guessed. Did you put resistors on
your doubler caps, Cameron?

-Brett

--- Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince"
>

> > > Excellent looking coil Brett. You might want
> > > throw a few bleeder
> > > resistors across those caps for your safety.
> Most
> > > researchers get
> > > severely shocked or killed during the initial
> lashup
> > > of new HV
> > > circuits --- usually before they add the
> safety
> > > features for the
> > > completed project.
> >
> > Yes, that might be something to look into, but if
> you
> > look at a Class C Armstrong Oscillator, you will
> > notice that the tank cap is shorted by the
> > primary...the grid leak cap has the grid leak
> resistor
> > across it already. The other doorknob serves as
> > bypass for the diode in the doubler.
> >
> > In any case, thank you very much for the
> compliment
> > and the warning Dr. Resonance.
>

> I believe he's speaking your MOT caps in the doubler
> circuit. Those are the
> ones that will bite you. Both David Rieben and I
> have fallen prey...
>
> Cameron

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com